St. Peter’s Weekly Vision –August 9, 2015
By Susan Ostrout
What just happened??!!!
- On Sunday at 9 am we celebrated the Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost
Where there is no forgiveness, there the heart has set itself against self-sacrifice, against giving of itself. Where there is no forgiveness, there is hardness of heart, self-love and pride, enmity and bitterness, rancor and
hatred, stony-heartedness, the refusal of the grace of God.
- This summer’s week-long Ecumenical Bible School under the direction of St. Peter’s Vestry Member Mary Cheney ended on Friday with a music filled performance featuring the 50 plus K-5th grade smiling participants. This year’s theme was “G-Force Adventure Park: God’s Love in Action.” The participating churches included St. Peter’s, The Worship Center, and Church of the Holy Family, Christ Lutheran Church, and Gilead Congregational Church, who also hosted the program! Finally a G-Force Shout-out to the 15 plus volunteers that included teenagers to grandparents!
- On Saturday, Family and Friends of St. Peter’s dear friend and Parishioner, Helen Wason gathered at the church for “A Celebration of Resurrection in Thanksgiving for Her Life.” Personal reminiscences of Helen continued to be cherished and enjoyed during a reception in Phelps Hall.
- A musical “surprise” filled the church during Sunday’s service! “Waiting in the Wings” a cappella quartet performed throughout the service. Parishioner Pamela Krista Atwood singing lead was joined by Frost Krista, Bass; Abby Krista, Baritone; and Joan Reshelf, Tenor. Their performance added a wonderful spirit of grace to our “summer” service.
- The Vestry has APPROVED the KITCHEN RENOVATION PROJECT!!! The fundraising “Kick-off” will be the October Halloween Festival!!! Individual donations will be requested following the 2016 Pledge Drive.
- Saturday, August 15, 4:30- 6 pm – PULLED PORK COMMUNITY DINNER ….A DELICIOUS MENU….LOTS OF FUN AND FELLOWSHIP….TAKE A NIGHT OFF…LET US DO THE COOKING!!!
- Wednesday, August 12 at 7pm – Holy Eucharist with Healing Service
- Mondays: 6:30 to 7:20 every week. Weekly Weeders Please join us on Mondays to help us keep our church grounds looking great. It takes an hour and many hands make light work!