What just happened??!!!
Pentecost is one of the great festivals of the Church. It marks the coming of the Holy Spirit on the disciples and their transformation from frightened and confused people to men who would face martyrdom for what they believed.
On Sunday at 9 am we celebrated the Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost
The Second Lesson: Ephesians 6:10-20 Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his power. Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness. As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace. With all of these, take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
- It’s fun to report receiving positive feedback about “The Vision” from longtime parishioner Milton Porter, who just celebrated his 91st birthday day! Even though he hasn’t been able to often join us at church he continues to pledge to St. Peter’s and leads an active life. Yes, Milton and his dancing partner, Alma Derway often light up a ballroom dancing event.
- Don’t let your summer memories fade before we print them in “the Vision”…send along news from your summer adventures so we can share it with everyone in “What just happened!” news…send it along to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mondays: 6:30 to 7:20 every week. Memorial Garden — Group Weeding and pruning!! If you love to garden, come join the Weekly Weeders and help keep our Memorial Garden beautiful!
- Wednesday Service 7:00 p.m. August 26th: (no service Sept. 2) Holy Eucharist with Healing service. A lovely, quiet soul-refreshing informal service held in the Memorial Garden when the weather permits.
- Sunday Services August 28th – September 6th
Sunday, August 30, 9:00 a.m. Morning Prayer II
Sunday, September 6 we return to our usual two services of Holy Eucharist with Fr. Jim Speer: 8:00 a.m. Rite 1 & 10:00 a.m. Rite 2
- Monday, August 31, Stained Glass Window Meeting at 10 a.m. According to Fred Shea of Stained Glass Resources, we should expect the last two windows to be finished in September. The agenda for the meeting will be to discuss the installation and appropriate dedication ceremony.
- September 14th, Monday 7pm —Vestry Meeting
- A message from the choir loft: CALLING ALL SINGERS!!!! The choir is looking to add some Tenors and Basses to our ranks. Sopranos and Altos are always welcome too. Any men or women that would like to sing come join us Sundaymornings at the 10 am service to sing. We meet on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 – 8:15 and Sunday mornings at 9:05 to rehearse. We start Tuesday, Sept 1st with rehearsals. Anyone interested please come and talk to the organist (Josh Ziemski). Stop on by and lend us your voice!!! Don’t be shy
- The Persing Family is moving to Massachusetts “sometime in September.” The new address will be: 51 Joseph Drive, Pittsfield, MA.